Thursday, February 14, 2013

Creature Watercolor

We received our copy of Creaturebox's Kickstarted Monster Volume over the weekend. Creaturebox is Dave Guertin and Greg Baldwin - Dave was my college roommate, one of the groomsman at my wedding, somebody I've known since around 7th grade, and one of my best pals. I can't begin to express how proud of him and excited I was at the success of their Kickstarter (they made over a 1000% of their goal!) and am equally excited to display their book in our home. Dave and Greg were also nice enough to include a ton of other goodies for us including a bunch of prints, a slipcover for the book and even a hand drawn and colored sketch of one of my favorite comic characters (Daredevil; he's blind, jumps around NYC and has radar sense - what more do you need?) So grateful to those guys and hope we can get together someday soon.

After that, Gus and I spent the better part of the afternoon drawing our own creatures and this image is what I came up with (I'll post Gus's to his drawing blog later this week). Wanted to play around with my new brush pen I recently acquired and then got the itch to add some watercolor. Was nice to play with traditional media and get unshackled from the computer. I also included the pre-color version below for any that might be interested. Hope you like it and don't get too creeped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment